Love Lima

Many people skip Lima or do in a day as a stop over from Cusco waiting for their 1:20am flight back home. It is the capital city with lots of tall buildings and poor public transportation.  It is on of the most difficult cities to get around I will give it that. 

To start I arrived in Lima at 11:30pm, approx 6:30
Flight from Atlanta. Yeah!  After my wonder Airbnb’s host drives dropped me off I was introduced to the “you will not sleep, you should dance all night” flat. Traffic with thin windows. Can you say lack of sleep?  But what a great location otherwise. 10 minute walk to the heart of Barranaco, my favorite area of Lima. 

Barranaco is interesting. Today it is full of artsy musician type and amzing restaurants. Historically it was fisherman’s and wealthy that summer led in the area from Central Lima. I would say today it hosts similar extremes. 

Of onto my first day. What to eat?  Oh so important. I didn’t know what I was ordering but I was going to order the chocolate crossinent  not the jamon and cheese. Yummy it was. 



Now anyone that knows my travel style knows I like to go loca. Thanks to the lady at the bakery I was able to catch to safe city bus.  Google Maps you need to catch up. This bus goes north and south, super simple. And thank you friendly bus station attendant for helping obtain a card. 



Not was time for the waking tour of historic Central Lima. Beautiful colonial architecture. 







The main square. 




Need to have security. 


The Presidential Palace. 



The people andnthe doors - stylish!  



The oldiest building in Lima from 15th century and now houses the Choco snd Pisco Museum.  :(. 



Just because I love Street signs from different countries. 


The lion post office. How cool to put your letter in the lions mouth. 



Whatch our for Th Birds!!The St Franscian Church that has the largest catacombs outside of Paris but less impressive the the. Ones church in Czech Rep. Cool tour though. 


Inside 


When you get hungry. 


Another square. 


When you want Wine but you have coffee or that is just how they serve it. 


Lastly the Milo bar of Centeral Restaurant.  Top 10
In the works. I had a few yummy apps and two amazing drinks with a bar tender that explained it all. 


That is a corriander lead-yes I ate it. 





A perfect way to finish. 



Comments

Popular Posts